Wednesday 28 October 2009

How I created my camel. Part One

1) I got a reference profile picture of a camel. Turned it into a material and put the material onto a plane. I then made the picture to scale so it wasn't stretched by going to UWV map, then choosing bitmap fit and then choosing the original file.
2) Then I created a cylinder in front of the plain and selected 'edit poly'. I then deleted all of the shape, including the ends, so I only had one ring. Then by using the move and scale tools I made it so the edge of the cylinder ring match that of the reference picture on the plane.
3) By holding down shift I created another ring and did the same until the whole body of the camel was covered.
4) Then by deleting half of the shape I was able to create a mirror of the body, this means I can edit one side and the other will be effected also. I then by using the move tools I made the shape look a lot more like a camels body.
5) I then selected 'turbo smooth' to see what the body looked like. It looked like a deflating balloon or two kids hiding under a sheet (I'm not happy). I took turbo smooth off and smoothed all the vector lines. When I had done this I was much happier with it.
6) I then did the same technique to create the four legs.
7) When I had created all four legs, I used the scale tool to make them all the same size and then using all the perspectives I moved them onto the right places on the camels body.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment